ABOUT THE SURROUNDING AREA
- Located in the city centre, on the corner of Lothian Road & Morrison Street, Apartment 39 Lothian House is just across the street from the Edinburgh International Conference Centre and within a few minutes' walking distance of Edinburgh's main attractions. Here is a Google Location Map use "EH3 9DD, Edinburgh, Scotland" to find exact location of Lothian House
- Princes Street and Gardens, the Castle, The Royal Mile, the Grassmarket, major theatres, galleries, museums, cinemas, pubs, clubs, shops and richly varied restaurants are all very close by. (The Usher Hall, the Traverse, Lyceum and King's Theatres are all in the immediate vicinity.)
- The area is now a centre for many businesses, and features several new buildings with interesting designs, including Standard Life and Scottish Widows' headquarters.
- The location is ideal for visitors who want to stay right in the city centre. It is an easy pleasant short walk to all the attractions. The Sheraton Grand Hotel and the famous Caledonian Hotel (now a Ritz Calton hotel) are also both located on Lothian Road in the same area.
- This apartment suits visitors who enjoy the benefits offered by being in the centre of a vibrant area, overlooking the activities of Edinburgh's city centre.
- However, if you desire a quiet and secluded place to stay, we recommend our other city centre apartment, 21 Cordiner's Land.
- Several major city centre car parks are conveniently located close by, but you will not need a car for activities within the city centre. It is so easy and enjoyable to walk around this small historic city.
- Edinburgh has a first class public transport system and buses and taxis pass the front door if you want to travel further afield, or just need to rest your legs after a long day sightseeing!