Terms & Conditions
1. Period of Hire is from Saturday to Saturday. Check in time is 4 pm. Check out time is 10 am. Maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form. Overnight guests accepted with prior arrangement.
2. Booking & Payment. Submission of the booking form will be deemed to be an acceptance of the terms and conditions. The person who signs the booking form is responsible for ensuring that all persons occupying the property comply with all conditions in all respects.
Unless otherwise stated, a deposit of £150 is payable for each week booked when a booking is made. The balance shall be payable 4 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are Bank transfer, Paypal, over the phone by card, cheque drawn on a UK bank account or cash. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Hirer is responsible for the full hire charge. Cheques made payable to Pam Carter.
3. Cancellation by Hirer. Should a cancellation be made by the client, the owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If we are successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the client. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and we are unable to re-let for the period, a 50% fee will be forfeited by the client.
4. Cancellation by Owner- If the cottage cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owner is forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owner. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
5. Services. Use of electricity, oil and some wood for the open fire included in the weekly tariffs quoted. Please use sensibly. Minimum Broadband is supplied and use of the phone for local (GB) calls.
7. Number of Persons using the property. The property sleeps 5 comfortably. A mattress is available for a sixth person. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed the maximum number of six. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
8. Complaints. Should there be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact us immediately.
9. Breakage or Damage. We kindly ask that any items damaged should be replaced or re-numerated. Please advise us of any breakage or damage that should occur during your stay.
10. Care of Property. The client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. Due care should be taken using the open fire - please use spark guard provided at all times and ensure hot fire implements are not placed on wood flooring.
11. Pets are allowed only by prior agreement with the proprietors.but must be kept under careful control at all times. We kindly ask that dogs are not permitted on the furniture or allowed upstairs with dirty feet. Please provide furniture throws and dog’s bedding.
12. Strictly no smoking in the house.
13. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary maintenance.
14. Liability. The use of the cottage and its equipment is entirely at the Hirer's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Hirer or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. We shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property except to the extent such loss, damage or injury is caused by the negligence or willful default by the owner.
15. Force Majeure. The owner does not accept liability or pay compensation for any loss, damage or expense where our obligations are prevented or affected by reason of force majeure.
Force Majeure means any event which the owner providing the service could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid such as war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, epidemic, pandemic, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of airports or ports, technical problems with transport, governmental action and all other similar events.
COPY AND PASTE THE FORM
Contract of Hire is between the Hirer and Pam Carter and Elaine Scott the Owners of Cruard Cottage.
Owners' Contact Details:
Home Address: To be supplied.
Holiday Home Address: Cruard Cottage
To be supplied
Renter’s Contact Details:
Date of Arrival: ___/___/___ Date of Departure: ___/___/___
Number of Persons occupying property:
Adults: ___ Children: ___ (Ages): ____________
Name agreeing with Terms and Conditions
______________________________ Date ___/____/___
Weekly Tariff £_____:___
Amount of Deposit Paid: £ _____:___ Date____/____/____
Balance Due £_____:___ (4 Weeks before) Date____/____/____